Occupation: 313213 – Telecommunications Network Planner
Plans the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
- configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
- developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
- providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
- planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
- liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
- providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults