Occupation: 222113 – Insurance Broker
Operates as an independent agent to sell life, fire, accident, industrial or other forms of insurance for a range of insurance companies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- monitoring commodity prices, trends and other factors affecting the supply and demand for commodities
- negotiating the purchase and sale of commodities such as grains, wool, minerals and metals
- determining the specific financial and insurance requirements of clients, and researching and reviewing available finance and insurance products for suitability to meet clients’ requirements
- analysing clients’ financial status, discussing financial options and developing financial strategies
- recommending loan combinations that meet clients’ needs
- interviewing prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- arranging insurance, home loan mortgages and other types of finance for clients through banks, lenders, financiers and insurance companies
- preparing documents which set out the conditions of finance, repayment and loan periods
- identifying and advising on significant risk changes to clients’ insurance
- broking complex and commercial leases, equipment finance, commercial finance, project finance and finance for property developers