Occupation: 134214 – Welfare Centre Manager
(Welfare Project Manager)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates a centre, program or project concerned with social welfare support.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service coorperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiation, and at conventions, seminar, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff