Occupation: 133611 – Supply & Distribution Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the supply, storage and distribution of goods produced by an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
- preparing and implementing plans to maintain required stock levels at minimum cost
- negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
- monitoring and reviewing storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
- operating recording systems to track all movement of supplies and finished goods, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
- liaising with other departments and customers concerning requirements for outward goods and associated forwarding transportation
- overseeing the recording of purchase, storage and distribution transactions
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
Logistics Officer (Air Force)
Ordnance Corps Officer (Army)
Supply Chain Manager
Supply Officer (Navy)
Transport Corps Officer (Army)