Occupation: 224611 – Librarian
Develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- developing and implementing library and information policies and services
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers’ representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
- undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
- selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
- monitoring collection development and culling programs
- supervising and training other library staff
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
Multicultural Services Librarian
Special Needs Librarian