Occupation: 132211 – Finance Manager
(Chief Financial Officer, Finance Director, Financial Controller)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the financial and accounting activities within an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instance relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating budgetary and accounting strategies, policies and plans in consultation with other Managers
- providing financial information and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs
- coordinating the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems
- directing the preparation of financial reports summarising and forecasting the organisation’s financial position such as income statements, balance sheets and analyses of future earnings and income
- assessing capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects
- advising on investment strategies, sources of funds and the distribution of earnings
- delivering long range profit forecasts, budgeting and financial reporting
- ensuring compliance with financial legislation and standards