Occupation: 263113 – Network Analyst
(Network Consultant, Network Designer, Network Strategist)
Researches and analyses network architecture, and recommends policies and strategies for designing, planning and coordinating an organisation’s network such as the total system environment and architecture. May also perform operational tasks such as monitoring system performance, software and hardware upgrades, backups, support and network maintenance.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- analysing, developing, interpreting and evaluating complex system design and architecture specifications, data models and diagrams in the development, configuration and integration of computer systems
- researching, analysing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks are configured to operate at optimal performance
- assessing and recommending improvements to network operations and integrated hardware, software, communications and operating systems
- providing specialist skills in supporting and troubleshooting network problems and emergencies
- installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and administering new and upgraded networks, software database applications, servers and workstations
- providing network programming in support of specific business needs and requirements
- preparing and maintaining procedures and documentation for network inventory, and recording diagnosis and resolution of network faults, enhancements and modifications to networks, and maintenance instructions
- monitoring network traffic, and activity, capacity and usage to ensure continued integrity and optimal nework performance