Occupation: 312611 – Safety Inspector
Inspects machines, equipment, working conditions and public places to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations, in relation to occupational health and safety.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing may be required.
- examining equipment specifications, and inspecting and testing machines, equipment and clothing to ensure compliance with safety standards and serviceability
- inspecting factories and other sites to ensure compliance with government and industry standards and regulations
- observing workers to ensure protective devices are being utilised according to regulations and that combustible and other hazardous materials are used and stored in accordance with approved procedures
- conducting tests in work areas to detect toxic fumes, explosive gas-air mixtures and other work hazards
- ensuring fire prevention equipment and other safety supplies, such as first aid kits, stretchers and blankets, conform to standards
- assisting in conductng safety meetings and campaigns, and organising training in general safety principles in keeping with regulations
- advising organisations on ways to comply with occupational health and safety legislative requirements
- investigating incidents and fatalities, to determine causes and to collect evidence of non-compliance with occupational health and safety legislation
Boilers & Pressure Vessels Inspector
Lifts and Cranes Inspector
Occupational Health & Safety Inspector