Occupation: 411714 – Parole or Probation Officer
Supervises offenders who have been placed on probation by court order or released conditionally from corrective service institutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- assessing clients’ needs and planning, developing and implementing educational, training and support programs
- interviewing clients and assessing the nature and extent of difficulties
- monitoring and reporting on the progress of clients
- referring clients to agencies that can provide additional help
- assessing community need and resources for health, welfare, housing, employment, training and other facilities and services
- liaising with community groups, welfare agencies, government bodies and private businesses about community issues and promoting awareness of community resources and services
- supporting families and providing education and care for children and disabled persons in adult service units, group housing and government institutions
- supervising offenders on probation and parole
- assisting young people to solve social, emotional and financial problems
- preparing submissions for funding and resources, and reports to government bodies and other agencies