Occupation: 254212 – Nurse Researcher
Designs, conducts and evaluates nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and promotes the implementation of research findings into clinical nursing practice.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research