Occupation: 133112 – Project Builder
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the construction, alteration and renovation of dwellings and other buildings, and the physical and human resources involved in the building process. Registration or licensing is required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualifcation (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- coordinating labour resources, and procurement and delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- consulting with Architects, Engineering Professionals and other professionals, and Technical and Trades Workers
- Negotiating with building owners, property developers and subcontractors involved in the construction process to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- preparing tenders and contract bids
- operating and implementing coordinated work programs for sites
- ensuring adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost and safety
- arranging submission of plans to local authorities
- building under contract, or subcontracting specialised building services
- overseeing the standard and progress of subcontractors’ work
- arranging building inspections by local authorities