Occupation: 134211 – Medical Administrator
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates medical programs and clinical services in a hospital or other health service facility, maintains standards of medical care, provides leadership to ensure an appropriately skilled medical workforce, and contributes to health service planning.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service coorperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiation, and at conventions, seminar, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
Director of Clinical Services
Director of Medical Services