Occupation: 334112 – Airconditioning & Mechanical Services Plumber
Installs, maintains and repairs piping, ducting and equipment for heating, cooling and ventilation of buildings or vessels. Registration or licensing is required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience. AQF Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- studying blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems and materials required
- setting out and installing hot and cold water systems and assoicated equipment
- installing water-based fire protections systems, including fire hydrants, hose reels and sprinkler systems
- designing and installing sanitary plumbing and water supply systems, discharge pipes and sanitary fixtures
- fabricating and installing soil and waste stacks
- assembling and installing mechanical services plant, air handling and conditioning equipment and small bore heating systems
- installing sewerage and effluent pumping equipment and disposal systems
- installing below-ground drainage systems and associated ground support systems
- installing gas appliances, flues and pressure regulating devices
- fabricating and installing metal roofing, rainwater goods and flashings