Occupation: 251111 – Dietitian
Applies the science of human nutrition to help people understand the relationship between food and health and make appropriate dietary choices to attain and maintain health, and to prevent and treat illness and disease.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food
- supervising the preparation and serving of meals
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- calculating nutritional value of food served
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training
- consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients