Occupation: 312512 – Mechanical Engineering Technician
Conducts tests of mechanical systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles and installs mechanical assemblies in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
Boiler Testing Technician
Hydraulic Controls Technician
Mechanical Laboratory Technician
Pipe Testing Technician