Occupation: 249212 – Dance Teacher (Private Tuition)
Teaches students in the practice, theory and performance of dance in private training establishments.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning programs of study for individual students and groups
- preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area
- instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area
- assigning problems and exercises relative to students’ training needs and talents
- assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction
- preparing students for examinations, performance and assessments
- keeping abreast of developments in the subject area by attending professional conferences, seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with colleagues
- may arrange visits and tours to professional exhibitions and performances
- may organise for exhibitions or performances of students’ work
Ballet Teacher (Private Tuitiion)