Occupation: 111111 – Chief Executive or Managing Director
(Chief Executive Officer)
Determines, formulates and reviews the general policy program and the overall direction of an organisation within the framework established by a board of directors or similar governing body.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining objectives, strategies, policies and programs for organisations
- providing overall direction and management to organisations
- authorising material, human and financial resources to implement organisational policies and programs
- monitoring and evaluating performance of organisations against organisational objectives and strategies
- consulting with senior subordinate staff and reviewing recommendations and reports
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts and presenting them to governing bodies
- representing the organisationat official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- selecting and approving the selection of senior staff
- ensuring the organisation complies with company laws and other relevant legislation
Secretary (Government Department)