Occupation: 139112 – Commissioned Fire Officer
Provides high level management to support the running of a geographical or operational section of a fire service.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- establishing administrative and operational procedures by taking account of the organisation’s operating environment
- making policy decisions and accepting responsibility for operations, performance of staff, achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures
- establishing lines of control and delegating responsibilities to subordinate staff
- representing the organisation in dealings with other organisations and the public
- controlling the collection and interpretation of management information to monitor performance
- controlling the use of, and accounting for, the assets and facilities of the organisation
- preparing budgets and other management plans
- preparing reports, authorising the release of information, and handling public relations activities
Inspector (Fire Services)