Occupation: 254499 – Registered Nurses (not elsewhere classified)
This occupation group covers Registered Nurses not elsewhere classified. Registration or licensing is required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualificatioon (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
Occupations in this group:
Nursing Officer (Defence Forces)
Registered Nurse (Infection Control)
Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
Registered Nurse (Remote or Rural Area)