Occupation: 612115 – Real Estate Representative
(Real Estate Salesperson, Real Estate Subagent)
Arranges the conduct of real estate transactions such as sales and leasing, and assists buyers to find suitable properties, on behalf of an agency.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instance relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Registration or licensing is required.
- accepting and listing properties and businesses for sale and lease, conducting inspections, and advising buyers on the merits of properties and businesses and the term of sale or lease
- advising vendors of sales and marketing options such as sale by auction and open house inspections
- cataloguing and detailing land, buildings and businesses for sale or lease and arranging advertising
- assessing buyers’ needs and locating properties and businesses for their consideration
- offering valuations and advice for buying and selling properties and businesses, and structuring the terms of settlement
- collecting and holding rent monies from tenants, and remitting to owner on agreed basis
- monitoring and addressing non-compliance with terms and conditions of tenancy and pursuing rental arrears
- developing and implementing business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for the agency
- may arrange finance, land brokerage, conveyancing and maintenance of premises
Property Portfolio Officer