Occupation: 261111 – ICT Business Analyst
(BA (ICT), Business Consultant (ICT))
Identifies and communicates with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- working with users to formulate and document business requirements
- identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
- identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practice, and system functionality and behaviour
- using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
- taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
- creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
- developing functional specifications for use by system developers
- using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process
Business Systems Analyst