Occupation: 222212 – Futures Trader
Buys and sells commodity futures on behalf of clients.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- obtaining information on securities, market conditions, government regulations and financial circumstances of clients
- interpreting data from securities reports, financial periodicals and stock-quotation viewer screens
- analysing financial markets and financial market products
- providing information and offering advice on financial market matters, market conditions and the history and prospects of corporations
- executing buy and sell orders in the market place on behalf of clients
- relaying trade information to clients such as the number of contracts bought and sold and the price
- monitoring futures prices and market changes, and bidding for commodity futures contracts
- recording and transmitting buy and sell orders
- calculating and recording costs of transactions