Occupation: 271311 – Solicitor
Provides legal advice, prepares and drafts legal documents, and conducts negotiations on behalf of clients on matters associated with the law.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- interviewing clients to determine the nature of problems, and recommending and undertaking appropriate legal action
- preparing cases for court by conducting investigations, undertaking research, arranging witness preparation and attendance, and giving notice of court actions
- representing clients in court
- managing conveyancing and other property matters by preparing contracts of sale, mortgage documents, lease documents and other documents relating to the transfer of land and buildings
- preparing and critically reviewing contracts between parties
- preparing wills
- providing advice on family law, company law, partnerships, commercial law and trusts
- may act as trustee or guardian
- may act as executor of clients’ wills