Occupation: 249299 – Private Tutors & Teachers nec
(English as a Second Language Teacher)
Teaches classes in English to students whose first language is a language other than English.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- assessing the extent of language difficulties in students for whom Engish is a second language
- teaching students individually and in small groups out of the regular classroom, and assisting students within normal classroom settings
- teaching students English language skills using a variety of methods including lecturer and visual demonstration
- providing assistance to other classroom teachers by designing special teaching programs for students with English language difficulties
- designing and producing teaching materials and adapting existing materials
- preparing course outlines and goals
- assigning lessons, correcting homework, and preparing and grading exams
- analysing, recording and reporting progress to regular classroom teachers, parents and students