Occupation: 133513 – Production Manager (Mining)
(Mine Manager, Mine Superintendent)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the production activities of a mining operation including physical and human resources.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans
- planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements
- controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimise costs
- informing other Managers about production matters
- overseeing the acquisition and installation of new plant and equipment
- directing research into production methods, and recommending and implementing initiatives
- controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
- directing staff activities and monitoring their performance