Occupation: 134412 – Regional Education Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates educational approaches and policy, and curriculum resources and development for preschool, primary, middle or intermediate school, secondary, TAFE or polytechnic teachers and administrators.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience. In some instance relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- coordinating the educational, administrative and financial affairs of an educational institution or department within the institution
- researching, developing, implementing, reviewing and evaluating educational and administrative policy
- liaising between educational institutions, parents and the wider community
- providing advice on policy and procedures to staff and students
- consulting with academic and administrative staff to coordinate educational programs
- identifying and addressing present and future needs for student and staff development
- researching educational systems and monitoring and evaluating new developments
- researching and reporting on students’ needs arising from curriculum implementation
- developing and delivering training programs for teachers