Occupation: 311399 – Primary Products Inspectors nec
This occupation group covers Primary Products Inspectors not elsewhere classified.
The entry requirement for this occupation is to have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience (AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- inspecting animals, plants and agricultural produce to identify product quality issues, and providing advice to producers
- auditing and monitoring quality procedures at farms and food handling and processing facilities to ensure compliance with required standards
- testing samples of produce for quality, size and purity
- ensuring that required standards of hygiene are observed at storage, processing and packing facilities and in transport vehicles
- advising primary producers on economic aspects of disease eradication and informing producers and the general public of the health implications of diseases and impurities
- examining imported plants and animals, and products, such as timber, seeds and dried fruits, and making quarantine arrangements
- patrolling and investigating waterways for unlawful fishing activities and the removal of protected marine life
- educating, advising and providing information on a wide range of topics relating to fish and their protection
- may initiate or assist in legal action to enforce regulations
Occupations in this group include:
Dairy Quality Assurance Officer
Fruit and Vegetable Inspector