Occupation: 233411 – Electronics Engineer
Designs, develops, adapts, installs, tests and maintains electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer systems, communication systems, entertainment, transport and other industrial applications. Registration or licensing may be required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- designing electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
- designing software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
- developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
- supervising installation and commissioning of computer, communication and control systems, and ensuring proper control and protection methods
- establishing and monitoring performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
- designing communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communication media
- analysing communications traffic and level of service, and determining the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communication systems
- designing and developing signal processing algorithms and implementing these through appropriate choice of hardware and software
Communications Engineer (Army)