Occupation: 392112 – Screen Printer
Prepares stencils, and sets up and operates power-driven or hand-operated screen print equipment.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience (AQF Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- setting up and supervising the operation of automatic binding and finishing equipment
- binding full, half and limp-bound books, and repairing bindings
- folding, collating and sewing signatures by machine by hand
- operating paper guillotines for pre-press and post-press paper cutting and trimming, and programming electronically operated units
- operating systems to insert printed material into newspapers, magazines and envelopes
- embellishing printed products automatically and manually
- operating photographic and electronic reproduction devices
- preparing stencils using computer and hand-cut methods
- selecting, mixing and matching coloured inks and loading into screen printing presses
- loading printed items into drying racks, and unloading and stacking dry items
Screen Printing Stencil Preparer