Occupation: 254211 – Nurse Educator
(Clinical Nurse Educator, Staff Development Nurse)
Designs, plans, implements and evaluates the delivery of nursing education and staff development programs, and manages educational resources.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- researching, planning, developing and implementing nursing curricula
- facilitating practical experience for general and specialist nurses
- evaluating ongoing and changing educational needs and monitoring course outcomes
- participating in developing and implementing policies affecting nursing, nurse education and health
- undertaking and promoting nursing and interdisciplinary research projects, and disseminating research information
- promoting utilisation of current research findings into clinical nursing practice and patient management
- promoting the implementation of research and research findings into organisation-wide functions such as safety, quality and risk management
- providing support and education for other nurses undertaking research