Occupation: 312312 – Electrical Engineering Technician
(Electrical Engineering Technical Officer)
Conducts tests of electrical systems, prepares charts and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is the qualifications and experience. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry
- assisting Electrical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- collecting data, performing tests and complex calculations, graphing results, and preparing charts and tabulations
- estimating materials costs and quantities
- inspecting designs and finished products for compliance with specifications and regulations
- assembling, installing, testing, calibrating, modifying and repairing electrical equipment and installations to conform with regulations and safety requirements
- undertaking electrical workshop functions such as installing assemblies for protection relays, metering and indicating devices
- assisting with research and experimentation programs
Electrical Engineering Design Draftsperson
Electrical Engineering Laboratory Technician
Electrical Instrument Technician