Occupation: 133211 – Engineering Manager
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the engineering and technical operations of an organisation.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instance relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- establishing project schedules and budgets
- ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction to research and development projects
- may contribute to research and development projects