Occupation: 252213 – Naturopath
Treats internal health problems, metabolic disorders and imbalances through treatment of the whole person using natural therapies.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- evaluating and documenting patients’ progress through treatment plans
- providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body’s capacity for self-healing