Occupation: 225112 – Market Research Analyst
Determines the market for new goods and services, develops advertising strategies, and evaluates the best business sites for commercial organisations.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- planning, developing and organising advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advising executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creating consumer awareness and effectively promoting the attributes of goods and services
- coordinating production of advertising campaigns involving specialised activities, such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement, within time and budget constraints
- analysing data regarding consumer patterns and preferences
- interpreting and predicting current and future consumer trends
- researching potential demand and market characteristics for new goods and services and collecting and analysing data and other statistical information
- supporting business growth and development through the preparation and execution of marketing objectives, policies and programs
- commissioning and undertaking market research to identify market opportunities for new and existing goods and services
- advising on all elements of marketing such as product mix, pricing, advertising and sales promotion, selling, and distribution channels