Occupation: 231199 – Air Transport Professionals nec
This occupation group covers Air Transport Professionals not elsewhere classified.
The entry requirement for this occupation is to have a level of skill commensurate with an AQF Diploma or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Aeroplane and Helicopter Pilots require a prescribed minimum amount of flying experience in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- preparing and submitting flight plans giving consideration to factors such as weather conditions and aircraft performance
- flying aircraft in accordance with established air traffic control and aircraft operating procedures
- providing flight information for flight crews and air traffic services staff
- controlling aircraft movements, and directing aircraft taxiing, take-offs and landings by radio
- providing pre-flight briefings and aeronautical information services
- completing cockpit preparations and external inspections to determine that aircraft are acceptable for flight
- monitoring aircraft performance and reporting on mechanical condition
- giving in-flight instruction, supervising solo flights, accompanying students on training flights and demonstrating techniques for controlling aircraft
Occupations in this group include:
Air Observer (Rescue)
Flight Engineer Inspector
Navigator (Air Force)