Occupation: 254311 – Nurse Manager
(Charge Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Unit Manager)
Manages a health service unit or sub-unit of a hospital, aged care or community health care facility, supervises nursing staff and financial resources to enable the provision of safe, cost effective nursing care within a specified field or for a particular unit, and monitors quality, clinical standards and professional development of nurses.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing is required.
- developing, implementing and monitoring policies and objectives of nursing care as they apply to units, staff and community groups
- coordinating the allocation of human and material resources for a health service unit such as recruitment of staff, human resource management, preparation of budgets and fiscal management
- monitoring and controlling the performance of nursing and support staff within the unit, and providing leadership
- initiating studies to evaluate the effectiveness of nursing services in the unit in relation to objectives, costs and nursing care
- promoting working relationships with community agencies and health and education providers
- contributing to organisational objectives in relation to quality, safety and risk management