Occupation: 134212 – Nursing Clinical Director
(Director of Nursing, Senior Nurse Manager)
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates nursing programs and clinical services in a hospital, aged care or other health service facility, maintains standards of nursing care, provides leadership to ensure an appropriate skilled nursing and midwifery workforce, and contributes to health service planning.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher qualification and at least 5 years of relevant experience. In some instances relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1). Registration or licensing may be required.
- providing overall direction and management for the service, facility, organisation or centre
- developing, implementing and monitoring procedures, policies and standards for medical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff
- coordinating and administering health and welfare programs and clinical services
- monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health, welfare, recreation, housing, employment, training and other community facilities and centres
- controlling administrative operations such as budget planning, report preparation, expenditure on supplies, equipment and services
- liaising with other health and welfare providers, boards and funding bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service coorperation and coordination
- advising government bodies about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities
- representing the organisation in negotiation, and at conventions, seminar, public hearings and forums
- controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
Assistant Director of Nursing
Deputy Director of Nursing
Executive Director of Nursing