Occupation: 411213 – Dental Technician
Constructs and repairs dentures and other dental appliances. Registration or licensing maybe required.
The entry requirement for this occupation is a qualifications and experience. AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2). At least 3 years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- providing educational programs to motivate children, parents and the community in matters relating to oral health
- providing fluoride therapy by applying remineralising solutions and desensitising agents
- removing deposits from teeth
- applying non-invasive fissure sealants to teeth
- taking impressions of the mouth
- taking dental radiographs
- administering local anaesthesia by infiltration and mandibular nerve block
- fabricating full and partial dentures
- constructing mouth guards, crowns, metal clasps, inlays, bridgework and other aids
- repairing and relining denture bases